Improving the Self website

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Sun Jan 19 04:48:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

One of the main comments from the Mallard release was that the website was showing its age - it didn't give important information up front, assumed too much knowledge of what Self was and looked tired.

I've tried to do a first pass at a better website. It should be good on mobiles as well as desktops, and hopefully is cleaner.

We need I think short videos covering simple Self tasks to add. Does anyone have any suggestions how to go about this? eg what software to use etc? I assume we would just upload to YouTube and then embed in the site.

The first draft of the website is online at:

www.self.messaging.io

Have a look and let me know what you think.

For extra fun, I'm serving it from a Self webserver :)

Russell