[self-interest] Would Self benefit from multiprocessors?

Keith Braithwaite keith at keithbraithwaite.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 22:57:14 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, January 2, 2002, at 04:53 PM, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
>  I guess I am not the only one with his own museum ;-)
You should see my photographic equipment.

>>  would
>> Self benefit particularly from multiple processors
> Self doesn't use "native threads",
Ah, I was kind of hoping that Solaris would be able to farm out bits
of the vm as it saw fit. Well, never mind.

> but if you run the X server on the same
> box then multiprocessing might help
Yeah, I might try using the SS5 as an X terminal and the 20 headless and
see if that gives any noticeable improvement.

Thanks for the comments,
Keith