[Self-interest] orthogonal persistence, single-level store, transparent persistence

Jack Waugh tzh9741mq402 at sneakemail.com
Sun Nov 29 14:50:49 UTC 2020

http://lists.selflanguage.org/pipermail/self-interest/2020-November/004754.html

I am fairly convinced that the Self language and all other imperative
languages are inappropriate for orthogonal persistence (a. k. a.
single-level store, transparent persistence). I'm (very slowly and
haltingly) pursuing a concurrent-constraint language for that environment.
Not many people seem to be working toward the single-level store. There is
the Hoon language, but I find it hard to read. Also, the way Hoon is used
is supposed to be, and I'm sure is, deterministic. The approach I favor
would be deterministic by default, but could pass around an authority to
conduct races.