New build of Self snapshot: Self-4.5.prealpha-15Sep11

Ankh'nAton tb at tcltalk.ath.cx
Fri Sep 16 07:21:11 UTC 2011

Hello Russel,

the ugly truetype fonts in Linux come from not being anti aliased. Why not
use abstract fonts like labelFont, menuFont, buttonFont, textFont and let
another layer translate them to Verdana,Arial,Helvetica, "Times New Roman",
Times, Courier and what have you? I like the idea of the outlinerPreferences
but thats only half the way, isn't it?

In my particular case I replaced all occurences of "verdana" with
"helvetica" and increased all fonts by 2pts. Also I replaced all "9x13" with
"Courier 14". Now it looks ok and is more readable on my 1920x1080 screen.

I still haven't found the place, where an outliners header title font is set
(the colored top) and where an outliners slot title font is set.

Regards...