Fileout problem

Thorsten Dittmar thorsten.dittmar at daedalos.com
Tue Jun 25 13:21:54 UTC 2002

Hi,

as you may know I try to implement selfUnit. I'm ready to distribute a beta
version, but I have some problems to create the files. For necessary error
handling I made a clone of the prototype process. I made a slot in globals
called selfUnitProcess and I initialize it to process _Clone. So far it
works fine. This slot is assigned to a module named selfUnitProcessing.
I add three slot to that prototype and all of them are assigned to the
module selfUnitProcessing. All slots are initialized to false. When I
fileOut the module and look into the generated code, then there is no code
generated for these slots. I checked the annotations and the module is
correctly displayed.

When you move the slots to another module, like tmp, then the tmp module
will recognise that change, but also in that fileOut the code is still
missing.

I tried out several circumstances and it seams to me that _Clone message is
the root of my problems. Unfortunately I have no chance to use the normal
copy mechanism.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thorsten