list problems (was: From David Ungar)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Jan 2 16:19:19 UTC 2002

On Sunday 30 December 2001 10:43,  Harald Gliebe wrote:
> FYI  (the second part :-) , sorry for the delay)
> btw, Gordon Cichon also told me, that he can no longer send any mails
> to self-interest.

I am afraid that I have had some problems with yahooGroups myself, but
given that some people are subscribed in a "view via web" mode it would
be too painful to change to something else (even a modest server like I
have could easily handle a low volume list with less than 200
subscribers, so I have thought about this before).

Looking through the membership list, I couldn't find Gordon Cichon
there even though he was subscribed the last time I looked a few weeks
back. So I am sending him a copy in case he is no longer receiving
mails from this list.

In the case of David Ungar it seems that he and several other people
are subscribed with "Eng.Sun.Com" addresses but now are using only
"sun.com". Unfortunately, I can't fix that myself - each person will
have to follow the instructions about "alternate email addresses" and
that can be a real hassle if you don't have a Yahoo identity and
remember your password.

In another thread (subject: Self4Linux-0.2.1) there seems to be several
empty messages except for an attachment (at least for those who
requested non HTML messages). If you look at these same messages via
the web (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/self-interest/message/1177) the
text is there. It seems that Yahoo has some kind of a problem when
dealing with attachments in replies.