[self-interest] can't download self.

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Jan 15 18:23:53 UTC 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Andre wrote:
> good idea a CD would be just great. is there space for other things?
> we could put some literature, like Doctors Dobbs Alernative
> programming cds...

There is a lot of very good stuff out there, but I would have to ask
permissions from a lot of different authors *and* ACM, IEEE and so on.
Just because a paper is available online doesn't mean that I can copy
it.

It is a lot of work, but it is a very good idea and I intend to include
as many texts as possible in future versions of the CD-ROM.

> i tried all versions avaiable at the Sun site, is that a personal
> problem or it has happened with other users as well? :/

Marko Mikulicic was having a lot of problems with downloading stuff
from Sun back in October, so I created a smaller version on my web site
(for the Sparc only). Since my link was 33kbps, nobody who tried to
download it from there was able to do so. My link is now 128Kbps, but
the Sun site is the only real option for now. I thought about the files
section at egroups, but the space there is too limited.

I think that Marko just kept trying until he got it, right?