[self-interest] Re: Self i386 Port: Status

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Jan 14 22:51:02 UTC 2000

Gordon F. Cichon wrote:
> > sig_unix.o: In function `SignalInterface::init_signal_stack(void)':
> > /home/t42/prj/self-4.1/vm/linux/debug/../../../vm/src/unix/os/sig_unix.c:277: warning: sigaltstack is not implemented and will always fail

It seems that you have made LINUX == SOLARIS_VERSION. But Solaris is a System V
Unix. I know that Linux is a mix of BSD and SYSV, but wouldn't it break less
things if you defined Linux == SUNOS_VERSION?

This would at least keep SignalInterface from trying to create an alternative
signal stack.

P.S.: some people are under the impression that I actually know what I am
talking about. That isn't the case - I just "grep" through the sources looking
for little details