[self-interest] sparc emulator (was: Mac Emulator?)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Jan 6 19:06:38 UTC 2000

Marko Mikulicic wrote:
> are these sparc emulators free for use?
> Can you send us a link to them?

Here are some free ones that I found by searching for "sparc simulator" in
www.google.com:

    http://www.estec.esa.nl/wsmwww/erc32/freesoft.html

SIS is a SPARC instruction simulator developed at ESTEC/WSD. This simulator
emulates an ERC32 system, containing the IU, FPU, MEC, up to 16 Mbyte ROM and
up to 32 Mbyte RAM. Typical performance is 2 MIPS on a 400 MHz Pentium PC.
Binaries for solaris-2.5 and Linux are available

There were a lot of links to simics (http://www.simics.com) but since it needs
a Sparc to run it doesn't help you very much...

This is also the case for sky (http://www.base.com/gordoni/sky.html) and its
predecessor, spa (http://www.base.com/gordoni/spa.html). I wasn't able to find
out if shade
(http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/compiler/papers.d/shade.html) runs on
non sparc machines, but the links on this last pages were very interesting.

I am sure there are many others, but I really doubt any of them would allow us
to run Self on a PC.
-- Jecel
P.S.: today is Jan 6 - how is that "Self to PC portfest" coming along?