[self-interest] Re: (print objects)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at lsi.usp.br
Sat Aug 28 18:47:30 UTC 1999

>     thanks for yur help!...now I have another question... Is possible to print
> the object of my system like text.

If you just execute the expression

              inspect: someObject

you will get something that is probably close to what you want.
Looking at the object 'defaultBehavior' in the category 'inspecting',
we see that it is the private method 'inspectReflectee:' that
does all the work. You can copy this code into some other method
and change it all you like to get the results you need (you
might want to output to a file instead of printing to the console,
for example).

I had already done this once, but I've looked everywhere and
can't find the old code.

Good luck,