[Self-interest] Suggestions for cross platform build?

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Thu Jan 19 01:06:44 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,
It looks like we should be able to do a release in the reasonably near
future of the Self VM compiled for Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD and maybe
Cygwin (but probably not Mac), thanks to some work by nbuwe and rockwalrus.
See https://github.com/nbuwe/self/tree/feature/netbsd-i386
<https://github.com/nbuwe/self/tree/feature/netbsd-i386>
And https://github.com/rockwalrus/self/tree/cygwin
<https://github.com/rockwalrus/self/tree/cygwin>
(these will need to be harmonised)
But to do that, I need a decent automated build for each platform so I'm
not manually mucking around with virtual machines etc.
I can't see anyone doing all those OS as a service (mostly they're just
Linux+MacOS maybe Windows).
Any suggestions on how to go about this? Surely there is an existing thing
I can just use :)
Cheers
Russell