[Self-interest] UK Smalltalk User Group Meeting - Wednesday 24 November

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Wed Nov 17 18:02:00 UTC 2021

> On 17. Nov 2021, at 18:41, David Ungar <ungar at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 17, 2021, at 2:15 AM, Marcel Weiher <marcel at metaobject.com <mailto:marcel at metaobject.com>> wrote:
>>
>> If I may butt into the conversation, it seems my slightly provocative tag-line for Objective-S has accomplished it purpose of being provocative, although of course I was going more for provoking curiosity as to why someone would make such an obviously and preposterously absurd claim and thus click the more info link, rather than anger.
>

> I make a joke, and you imply that I'm angry. You cannot actually know that I'm angry, and it misses the point that your original statement was false. That makes two statements of yours that are unfounded and/or false-to-facts.

No it does not.

1. My original proposition is true.
2. The fact that you misunderstood it to mean it denigrates previous work is on you, it doesn’t actually say that.
3. I did not claim that you were angry, only that I did not want to provoke anger.

So the only one making clearly false claims is you.

> Your signal-to-noise ratio is too high. I only have so much time, and there are many other folks out there who can teach me things without my having to weed out learning false assertions. If I run out of other teachers, I'll circle back.
>
> If someone else, with more credibility, wants to filter and explain your ideas to me, I'll be happy to listen.

 And with a lovely garnish of baseless and uncalled-for personal insults on top.  Yay!

Since I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with you in the past, I already knew that providing you with evidence is usually futile, even when said evidence is 100% clear and unambiguous.

I’ve corrected your misinterpretation and provided an explanation for what you were confused about.

And now I am outa here, there are plenty of more pleasant venues.

Marcel