[Self-interest] UK Smalltalk User Group Meeting - Wednesday 24 November

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Nov 16 20:26:28 UTC 2021

Hernan Wilkinson wrote on Tue, 16 Nov 2021 17:04:06 -0300

> ???
>
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 3:21 PM David Ungar wrote:
>
> I followed the link http://objective.st/ and read: "Objective-S
> is the first general purpose programming language." Were
> the others chopped liver?

Hernan's question isn't very clear, but supposing he is confused by the
"chopped liver" comment that is a humorous expression of indignation
when someone else seems to have forgotten them or their contributions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopped_liver

My guess is that there is something missing in "first general purpose
programming language" which would narrow it down. For example, you could
call APL "the first general purpose array based programming language".