[Self-interest] Block Question

Luke McNeil lukemcneil61 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 22:15:37 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why the code "(| x = [1] |) x value" throws this
error "cannot run a block after its enclosing method has returned."

What object exactly is the block's enclosing method, and when is it created?

My best guess would be that when "[1]" is evaluated to be placed in slot x,
it is actually evaluated in the context of a new empty method activation
object.

I realize that this code isn't really useful (it throws an error after
all), but I am just trying to better understand what Self is doing.

Thanks,
Luke