[Self-interest] The appearance of a data slot value does not update

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Sun Jul 4 10:43:27 UTC 2021

Hi Jiri

It sounds like an issue with the outliner for that object not updating itself. There is a Self process which should be updating outliners, it sounds like for some reason that isn’t doing the updating. When you collapse/expand, it refreshes its view on the underlying object.

At the moment all the client side is doing is showing the desktop that the server renders, there isn’t any client side computation or layout happening. It’s similar to logging into a remote virtual desktop by RDP or VNC. Like eg Amazon Workspaces.

OK - I’ve checked the demo image on ourself.io <http://ourself.io/> and you are right. Outliners should update more or less straight away. Restarting the UI2 desktop in the outself.io <http://outself.io/> console seems to work. I’ll put fixing the demo image on the todo list.

Russell