[Self-interest] Proposal for a modernized Self dialect

mail at russell-allen.com mail at russell-allen.com
Tue Dec 14 02:46:52 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eric Nijakowski" <eric.nijakowski at web.de>

> The way I understand it, the fact that Smalltalk treats "ifTrue:"
differently is mostly a compiler issue.

Did any of the Smalltalk80s change this? It is a bit of an egregious example of VMs cheating but getting caught.

I remember when I first started using Smalltalk (Squeak) I tried to add a sort of ternary logic - ie as well as True and False adding Unknown, and couldn't understand why it didn't work! (maybe if I'd read the manual...)

Russell