[Self-interest] slow systems (was: OurSelf trial nowwithout invite!)

David Harris drdpharris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:27:26 UTC 2020

Paul --

Those were great machines.  I never saw one.  IBM 360/145 with APL
microcode at UVic while I was there.  We had a lots of fun on their
Selectic terminals with APL type-balls installed.  I wrote a one-liner
Simplex Method LU Decomposition in APL, and a two-liner Tic-Tac-Toe.

Did you hear about Snibble?  It was a Forth-like language with a simple
priority parser on top so that it had infix notation, and I had
correspondence with someone at Imperial College about it in the early 70s.

David