[Self-interest] Static and Dynamic Typing Vs. Imperative and Declarative Programming

Jack Waugh tzh9741mq402 at sneakemail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:12:52 UTC 2020

The discussion of Self vs. declarative programming has led to a discussion
of dynamic typing vs. static typing. I wouldn't take away from the worth of
such a discussion on its own merits. At the same time, I want to point out
that declarative programming and dynamic typing could go together.

Also, I think a hybrid may be useful, where the datatype aspect of types,
e. g. integer vs. float vs. string, would be dynamic, but the dataflow
direction aspect of types would be static. Parameters to a procedure for
example could be declared as copyable or linear.