[Self-interest] Fwd: Toward Declarative Programming

Jack Waugh tzh9741mq402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:51:47 UTC 2020

As I understand it, the Self language uses imperativity all the way down to
its fundament. In particular, I believe the usual (and only?) way to set up
an object is to clone an existing one (the prototype) and then mutate one
clone. I don't see anything about the language, nor more generally about a
classless outlook, that would light the way toward creating a good
declarative language. Am I missing something?

Jack WAUGH