[self-interest] another list migration?

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Fri Oct 25 06:01:58 UTC 2019

Hi Jecel
You are right. Our time on Yahoo is clearly limited and we should move somewhere now before we are booted off.

We need to keep an archive of the messages from this period. This is very important! Ideally I’d like to merge them with your old archive and put them in a single searchable place.
I think Yahoo is deleting our archive on December 14.
Do you know how to download a copy or do we need to spider it?

We also need to work out where to go.

I’m happy myself to move to a new mailing list but I understand that is pretty old school for open source projects now.

I’d def vote against using facebook or similar where we are tied in.

I was given a link to https://groups.io <https://groups.io/> which looks a potential home but I haven’t investigated in full.

In the past I have run my own mail server, but Gmail’s spam filters etc make that a no-go nowadays.

Cheers Russell