another list migration?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Oct 25 01:14:18 UTC 2019

Yahoo is eliminating nearly all functionality from groups. We only use
it for the mailing list and that should continue for a little while, but
it is just a matter of time before they kill that as well.

The list started on a server at Stanford and them smoothly moved to a
machine at Sun. But then it was simply killed a few years after the
project was offcially over. I saved an archive of the old messages at

http://www.merlintec.com/old-self-interest/maillist.html

After waiting to see if anything would happen, I decided to use the new
Egroups service to create a new mailing list. But there was no way to
let the people from the old list know about it, so I spammed all the
email addresses in that archive hoping people would forgive me as having
a good cause. After that the Egroups company got bought by Yahoo so we
have