[self-interest] 64-bit for macOS?

Slava Pestov sviatoslavpestov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 23:34:15 UTC 2019

Rather than going full 64-bit it might be easier to update the compiler to
emit x86-64 instructions but still use 32-bit addresses for the heap. As
long as your heap is contiguous, you have burn one of the new x86-64
registers on storing the (64-bit) base pointer for the heap, and do all
addressing relative to the base pointer.

Slava