Self & Engelbart's vision

Bystroushaak bystrousak at kitakitsune.org
Tue Feb 5 22:52:14 UTC 2019

Was Self inspired by the Engelbart's demo[1] and his ideas to provide
conceptual framework for augmenting human intellect?

I've found out about old TarraingĂ­m project[2], which was posted many
years ago into this conference by kjx and I've been really inspired by it.

Sometimes, I feel like there are some traces of his ideas in Self, but
maybe I am imagining things and it is only natural, that things converge
to the same point if you have sufficiently permissible system. For
example, Morphic seems like ideal framework to implement many of his
ideas about hypertext and linking of information.