binary slots (§ 3.2.3) explanation and how to add annotations/grouping (§ 3.2.5)

notebook notebook22312 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:37:44 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm currently going through the Handbook slowly to get myself ready to
make some videos for self-starters. The question about local vars last
time was also in this regard.
Now I'm I'm stuck around chapter 3.2. I would (as always) really
appreciate your help!

1. binary slots (§ 3.2.3)

I'm having trouble getting the example to work. This is probably due to
the lack of my understanding.
Example:

(  |
       +  =  (  |  :arg  |  (clone  x:  x  +  arg  x)  y:  y  +  arg  y  ).
|  ) This will create a Slot object with a slot "+ arg (clone x: ..." I
then create another slot object with a parent*-slot the the one I just
created a parent2*-slot to traits clonable x-slot y-slot How would I
call call + now? "self + self"? 2. Annotations / Grouping (§ 3.2.5) The
handbook says, that the below creates a new slot containing a group
"accessing" ( |
       { ’Category: accessing’
             getOne = (...).
             getAnother = (...).
       }
| )

That's working so far. But it creates a *new* object. What would I do, if I would like to *add* a group / annotation to an already existing object?

Best regards
Chris