[self-interest] beginner trying to run Self on Mac

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Sat May 5 03:53:02 UTC 2018

That’s definitely not right - something has happened to your binary (it is only 93 bytes not 3Mb!)
Can you please re-download Self from the website (or the version of the Self Control.app I shared earlier), and drag it to /Applications and try

ls -al '/Applications/Self Control.app/Contents/Resources/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self'

again. You should get 317302 bytes not 93!

If that works, try

cd '/Users/greggarthurevansgmail.com/Desktop/self/'

'/Applications/Self Control.app/Contents/Resources/Self.app/Contents/MacOS/Self' -s ‘morphic.snap'

again.
Russell