[self-interest] new tutorial vid rough draft

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Jun 20 18:03:37 UTC 2018

itsnotgregg,

> Self tutorial #3 Random Shortcuts and conveniences (rough draft)
>
> https://youtu.be/oQXRpAqYgqU
>
> Would Love feedback direction conversation anecdotes etc.

The space in (| |) is indeed a quirk which is needed because || is a
valid binary selector, so (true||false) or even (||false) might be valid
expressions that wouldn't give you syntax errors. Two other quirks are
the ambiguous uses of the minus and period characters since they can be
part of number literals but can also have other functions.

I think it was a good idea to show the different ways of doing things. I
don't remember some of the stuff in those menus, so either they are new
or I just had not paid attention.

The green in the outliner for a process and also the selection pointing
out the space in (| |) was pretty shocking. I thought we did pastel
colors in Self? Even Squeak has toned down its colors over the years
(sometimes too much).