[self-interest] Kitchen Sink

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Sun Jun 17 22:46:50 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:16 AM, itsnotgregg at gmail.com
[self-interest] <self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> If I look in Globals for KitchenSink.snap vs Globals for Morphic.snap I see
> there are 3 extra modules in applications. Mango, Pep, and Webbrowser. Is
> this the only difference? Can someone point me to a description of these or
> any others additions I missed?

Mango is a parser generator library, the source is in
'objects/applications/mango' of the github repository. A paper about
it is here: http://bibliography.selflanguage.org/mango.html

I wrote an example of a JSON parser using it here:
https://gist.github.com/doublec/7132119

Pep source is in 'objects/applications/pep'. It is a Java VM and
runtime written in Self. It compiles Java bytecode to Self and
executes it. There's a paper on it here:
http://bluishcoder.co.nz/self/97-pep.pdf

An example of how to use it from the mailing list here:

Webbrowser is an HTTP/1.0 compliant web browser in Self. The source is
in 'objects/applications/webBrowser'. I wrote a little about it here:
https://bluishcoder.co.nz/2009/07/27/displaying-images-with-self.html

You'll see other interesting code examples in the github nder
'objects/applications', including a Smalltalk overlay, and the ability
to connect to a Self world from a Java applet (see
https://bluishcoder.co.nz/2013/09/16/multiple-users-in-a-self-world.html)

--
http://bluishcoder.co.nz