[self-interest] for Chris Double...

David Ungar ungar at mac.com
Fri Jun 15 15:28:50 UTC 2018

Wow!! I am so touched that you love Self enough to make this video. You have really put in some effort to master this system. Thank you. I love how you think of Self and its place in the history.

As I’m watching, I noticed that a viewer might end up conflating “slot” with “object”. The way I think of it is that a slot is not an object, but rather a slot contains a name (the selector) and a reference to an object. When you click on the little button on the right, you get the see the referred-to object. If the slot refers to a method, the text of the method is shown in place.

I’m also so glad that Randy chimed in about ARK and prototypes. Randy’s ARK deeply inspired me. I had never seen anything like it!

As I watch the video, some of the text is hard to read. Maybe zooming, or using larger fonts (there’s an affordance for that somewhere)?

Also, wow, Randy! Very cool that you are presenting to high-schoolers!!