Opening Morphs factory inside the primary window?

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at kathe.in
Tue Dec 4 06:13:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

Is it possible to enable the Morphs factory window be opened inside the
primary Self window?

Just last night I was musing about possible use-cases for Self and found
it to be a good application for the OLPC effort, albeit with a lot of
application software built-in.
In that scenario, the ideal would be for the OLPC hardware to boot-up
off the Linux kernel and then launch Self inside a minimal version of
X11/XOrg in full-screen mode.

With that in mind, having the factory or even the spy or for that matter
any other tool open up under it's own window would be confusing to the
user (kids).

I have practically retired from active work in the industry and would
love to spend time on a project which could marry Self with the OLPC,
but lack the experience to make the window problem's solution a reality.

Anyone interested and willing to solve this problem?

~Mayuresh