Self Interpreter status?

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Fri Oct 28 11:01:41 UTC 2016

In the Self VM there's code for an interpreter if the FAST and SIC
compilers are disabled at build time. What's the status of that? Did
it work at some point?

Trying it out on x86 shows that there's some unimplemented assembler
routines, especially CallPrimitiveFromInterpreter, that prevents it
from working there.

I hacked together some code to do what I think it's supposed to do and
built an interpreter only VM that runs primitives but it segfaults
when creating blocks. I'm tracking down why this is but was curious
what actual state the interpreter code got to.

--
http://bluishcoder.co.nz