[self-interest] unixGlobals os command:IfFail: vs. command:Executing:IfFail:

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Wed Oct 12 06:39:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

I wouldn’t recommend reading the actual .self files. They were created by the Transporter and aren’t particularly human friendly. It is much easier to work within the UI.

That said, if I am in the UI and type command:Executing:IfFail: in to a shell, highlight and right click it, and choose ‘Implementors’, I see that the method has a comment which reads:

Execute cmd as a shell command.
If it fails, see if aFileName exists somewhere
in $PATH.  If not, prompt the user and try again.
— dmu

And if I right click again on the name and choose “Senders” I see that there is one sender: readUsingImageMagick: fileName Type: type which uses it to check that the ‘convert’ command line app is present.

Cheers Russell