[self-interest] Self VM (was: Pooi 1.3)

mario at wolczko.com mario at wolczko.com
Fri May 13 21:55:59 UTC 2016

> For Self on Mac we do - we have the Self Control.app  > Any feedback would be good.

 I used this recently during a VM course*. It worked well for me. Although old habits die hard, and I often found myself at the command line, recalling incantations which I had used long ago to demo various features.

 -Mario

 * Possibly of interest to folks on this list: last year I was invited to give a graduate class on VMs at Berkeley. You can find the class (including youtube videos) at http://www.wolczko.com/CS294 http://www.wolczko.com/CS294. Self VM internals feature strongly in the course, and there's a guest appearance by a certain D. Ungar. For history buffs, I also recommend the special session on Smalltalk-80 with Peter Deutsch and Allan Schiffman.
 (If you get an error trying the link, edit the URL from https to http; my httpd is sometimes doing a funky redirect and I can't figure out how to turn it off!)