[self-interest] Format of discussion

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Wed Jun 22 00:40:53 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:37 AM, Bystroushaak
bystrousak at kitakitsune.org [self-interest]
<self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> I am used to discussion threads spreading through hundreds, sometimes
> even thousands of the messages, with arguments and counter arguments,
> but now I realize, that this may not be welcomed here. I am sorry for that.

I would think that discussions on Self related topics would be very
welcome. I don't know if there are very many active members here, vs
people just keeping up to date with the Self world in read only mode.
I swap between the two modes often. I've enjoyed your revival of
discussions on Self.

With regards to meta discussion on post content it can be a very
heated area. I try to avoid anything involving gender, politics or
religion in a forum not devoted to those subjects. One other project I
lurk in has a "-chat' list and irc channel for offtopic discussion
where it's understood that things can get way off topic. it does
depend on the project and people involved though.