Questions about Self

David Ungar ungar at mac.com
Tue Jun 21 16:32:24 UTC 2016

I am pleased and amazed at the attention you all lavish on Self. The recent activity has moved me to wonder:
What is it about Self that appeals? What is it that you don’t like?

I mean to ask about the language, environment, and implementation, not about the mailing list, web site, or even documentation.

One reason this topic interests me is that I am watching the immense popularity of Swift, a somewhat different style of PL, and I am even enjoying Swift myself.

Thanks in advance,

- David