Improvement proposals

Bystroushaak bystrousak at kitakitsune.org
Mon Jun 20 09:26:10 UTC 2016

Dne 20.6.2016 v 11:08 Bernat Romagosa tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
[self-interest] napsal(a):
 > Okay, rules:
 >
 > * If you need to joke, choose your topic so that it isn't degrading to
 > anybody.
 >
 >     Example:
 >     Cats → Fine.

Wait, wait. Twerking Beyonce and talk about dancing whores (without the
reference to Beyonce of being such) is degrading? HOW? I just don´t
understand.

 >     Nazis → Nope.

What is degrading about Nazis? There is jokes about Nazis all over the
internet and it is definitely part of the culture. Also here in Czech
republic, where, you know, Nazis actually occupied my country, oppressed
my family members (and shot my grandmother to her leg) and built
concentration camps (I lived 2km from Terezin and did go to school
there), humor is how you deal with the history.

I just start to think, that Self community is some sort of gentleman
club, where humor is not allowed.

 > * As a corollary to the latter: when in doubt, just talk about Self.

This is part of the problem. What IS a Self blog? I was under
impression, that it is more or less public space, where anyone can just
post email to the Russel Allen, ask for account and then blog about
anything related to Self. There were no rules, no code of conduct,
nothing. Nobody said even a slightest word of warning.

And suddenly, drama.

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding about what the blog is
and how it works. There are clearly people, who perceive it as
„official“ and „professional“.

I would like if this could be clearly specified and resolved.

I don't want to troll or whatever, I just feel really lost in all your
expectations and feels of what is right and what is not.