[self-interest] selflanguage.org website down

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Sun Sep 28 06:51:46 UTC 2014

On 28 Sep 2014, at 3:13 pm, Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz [self-interest] <self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> What's the best way to hack on the web server code now that it's in a
> separate repository? When I file it in, modify it then write changes
> it always writes to 'applications/webserver.self' rather than to the
> path I loaded it from. What approach are you doing for development on
> it? I thought I'd try serving one of my sites with it to see how it
> goes. I previously did this with an older iteration of the webserver
> code and would like to try the new one.

We can either make the webserver module a top level module, or move the webserver.self file to an applications folder I guess.

Or should we do Java and make it a submodule of 'org.selflanguage.webserver'?

The more difficult question is how to collaborate when all our code is in a single file. Merging might be difficult?

On 28 Sep 2014, at 4:38 pm, Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz [self-interest] <self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
> [self-interest] <self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> > OK, updated.
>
> Thanks for that. There seems to be some methods missing though.
> readLineIfFail: is not found for me for example.

I put it in the same module as readLine, ie abstract_OS

I'll try to put all those in the self-webserver repo as well.

How do we keep this in sync with the main Self distribution though? Should each build of Self have a build number which the webserver code can look at to decide what to read in? Or should the webserver module test for the presence of readLineIfFail: before reading it in or not?

Russell