[self-interest] zooming interface (was: Quiet in Self land?)

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at kathe.in
Wed Sep 17 03:02:21 UTC 2014

hello jecel,

your quick and dirty prototype for the user interface looks quite
interesting.
i'll surely get down to viewing the video and papers you've shared.

i am yet to read mr. raskin's book, most of what i know about his ideas
is from my email exchanges with him, the rest is from reading his
macintosh papers.
it's sad that he had to pass away so early, personally, i find it to be
a great loss, his ability to express his ideas succinctly is sorely
missed.

about 3-d worlds, i think, unless there's additional support for depth
perceiving visual aids and tactile interaction and feedback, the
experience of the 3-d world becomes quite painful and tiring after the
initial novelty wears off.

~mayuresh

On 2014-09-17 03:02, 'Jecel Assumpcao Jr.' jecel at merlintec.com