[self-interest] Working in Self

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Mon May 26 20:40:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM, arm7.developer at yahoo.com
[self-interest] <self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> How does one scroll around the infinite world?  My mouse wheel only takes me up/down, and I have not found a way (or any documentation about how) to scroll around.

Put a Radar Morph in the world and click on the arrows. It also shows
a zoomed out view of the world. It's in the Factory which you can get
by middle clicking on the world and choosing "Open Factory window". If
you use a laptop with touchpad scrolling you can two finger scroll
vertically and horizontally. A while back I posted a patch that let
you scroll the world with the arrow keys but I don't really use it
anymore.

What would be good would be more world navigation tools. Being able to
bookmark sections, get a list, jump to them, etc.

> Speaking of documentation, is there anything more in-depth then the Self Handbook (which provides a lot of 'partial lists' of things)?

Most of the documentation is in that papers. I posted some to the Self
Language Reddit:

<http://www.reddit.com/r/selflanguage>

And there's a bunch in the bibliography on the website:

<http://bibliography.selflanguage.org/>

--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz