Working in Self

arm7.developer at yahoo.com arm7.developer at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 23:33:40 UTC 2014

I am a relative newbie (keeping an eye on Self for many years, but not actively using it until now).  A simple question - what is the actual workflow with Self 4.5?

I've stepped through the tutorial, but have some stupid questions:
- Do you (veteran Self users) actually work in the GUI or do you load from files and debug/fine tune in the GUI?
 - Is there a way to file-in and file-out source code simply?

 - Is there a simple way to name objects in the lobby without (what looks to me as) rather rigorous mouse clicking?
 - Is there something like a Smalltalk browser to avoid having a zillion little windows with connectors all over the place?

 Thanks