[self-interest] Linux Makefile

ardeujho ardeujho at cd.pn
Thu Mar 27 14:12:06 UTC 2014

I've got a branch now that removes the need for running 'makeDeps' to
get the dependencies. This is at:

<https://github.com/ardeujho/self/tree/no_makedeps>

It uses no external programs to build Self other than the usual make and
gcc. Only tested on Linux.

A '-j8' build on my laptop takes 1.5 minutes to build the Self VM. A
build that uses the makefile and makeDeps using the 'linux_makefile'
branch builds in 2.5 minutes. A cmake build takes about 2.3 minutes.

My end goal with this is to try cross compiling and getting Self working
on another device. I'll then backport the changes back to the normal
Self repository.