Linux Makefile

ardeujho ardeujho at cd.pn
Thu Mar 27 03:53:35 UTC 2014

I've written a Makefile to build Self using GNU Make without needing
CMake. I started with the Tup support that was posted recently and
converted it to Make.

It's available in my 'linux_makefile' branch:

<https://github.com/ardeujho/self/tree/linux_makefile>

Builds can then be done with:

make -f Makefile.linux

Or parallel builds:

make -f Makefile.linux -j8

I did this so I could easily hack on it to cross compile and add other
libraries. I'm a bit lost with CMake in that regard. I made it public in
case others find it useful.

Ideally I'd like to remove the need to call 'makeDepends'  as this would
make cross compilation easier. This would require stripping out the
generated 'incls' stuff and changing the source to include things
directly. I'm not sure how feasible or how much work that is.