[self-interest] A question about method slots

ardeujho ardeujho at cd.pn
Mon Mar 10 08:07:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014, at 08:49 PM, Michael Paap wrote:
> In some short summaries about self i could read, that, if you clone an
> object, the original becomes the parent of the clone. I thougt so far,
> it is just the kind of nonsense, people copy from each other in the web
> without proofing.

Where did you read that? It's difficult for Self to work like this since
objects can have multiple parent slots and there is no canonical parent
slot name.

Some prototype based language do take this approach (for example, Io).
This is known as a differential inheritance model. You can read a bit
how Io works in this area compared to Self in this blog post:

<http://bit.ly/1gkl7SC>