[self-interest] Uses of self

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Mar 7 19:40:05 UTC 2014

David Ungar wrote:
> Yup, that's it! :)
>
> On Mar 7, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Jan-Paul Bultmann wrote:
>
> I assume it is this talk :)
> http://www.infoq.com/presentations/oop-language-context

I imagine that next Wednesday's talk will be roughly the same?

http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/

Self is still my favorite Smalltalk, but I have been working with Squeak
the past few years to be closer to the Scratch and Etoys communities. I
feel that we have learned enough since 1995 to do to Self what it did to
Smalltalk-80 (make it simpler but more powerful at the same time), so
though my Self machine (a Sun Ultra 5 workstation I bought just to use
the language) is currently not doing much, Self is very much a part of
my plans.

The old Self page at Sun had a list of projects that used the language.
Though that is now only of historical interest (and all of the indicated
pages have vanished from the web), it might be interesting to copy that
somewhere in the current site.