[self-interest] [Ann][Quack] Self 4.5.0 ("Mallard") released

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Mon Jan 13 21:50:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Russell Allen <mail at russell-allen.com> wrote:

> My favourite comment from Reddit, which we should take to heart:
>
> "Interesting, it looks like some variant of Smalltalk. Hopefully we'll see more innovation in OOP."

It was interesting to see the number of people who hadn't heard of
Self and didn't know its place in language history!

It would be good to have a list of tasks that interested people could
attack. Maybe this could be done in github issue's with a special tag
and syndicated to the website? Some big ticket items might be:

1) An ARM backend
2) 64-bit support
3) Factor out screen sharing to not rely on X11
4) Linux font support
5) Windows support

--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz