[self-interest] [Ann][Quack] Self 4.5.0 ("Mallard") released

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Mon Jan 13 21:39:36 UTC 2014

All the shared screen stuff is still there. The only caveat is that it depends on X11 and never worked on Quartz. The latest OS X doesn't come with X11 and will complain if you try to run binaries expecting to be able to use the X11 libs, so the released OS X binary VM doesn't have X11.

In short:
- you can use screen sharing out of the box on Linux
- you can use it on OS X but need to build a VM with X11.

The better solution will be to factor out the reliance of the sharing mechanism on X11 but no one has done this yet.

Russell