[self-interest] Self Mallard (4.5.0 rc 1)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 14:55:08 UTC 2014

On 11.01.2014, at 13:24, Russell Allen <mail at russell-allen.com> wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2014, at 10:44 pm, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Good to hear! And Congrats!
>>
>> Would you mind announcing this on squeak-dev also?
>> I think it is appreciated there :)
>>
>> Best
>> 	-Tobias
>>

> Should I announce the rc or wait for the actual release?
> Russell

I think, RC is also fine.

I have some minor remarks:
– The Snapshot
  • We probably should have a kind-of News section in the snapshot,
    preferably open, or easily accessible via the menu
  • The terminal still says

        Welcome to the Self system!  (Version 4.4)

Copyright 1992-2011 AUTHORS.
See the legal/LICENSE file for license information and legal/AUTHORS for authors.

– Self Control
  • 'Install in …' in the File menu of Self Control should move to the 'Self Control' Menu
    (one to the left)
  • The unused menus of Self Control should go away

– Self.app
  • for the DMG, we could put Self.app (Also) into an additional folder, for people wanting to
    use it without self control.
  ? The self app is not the double-clickable with the integrated terminal, right?

So far, Thanks a lot!

Best
	-Tobias