[self-interest] Re: Simple method send benchmark vs Pharo

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Mon Dec 22 11:04:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
[self-interest] <self-interest at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> Try closing the desktop and see how much of a speedup you get (i.e. 'desktop close', then run from the terminal). Morphic in Self is nowhere near as optimised as it could be.

Thanks, this didn't make a difference but I don't think it matters now
that I found that the 10x slowness was a testing issue and the
difference is down to 2.5x times or so. All the other points you raise
can account for that and it's about as close as I expected. 10x just
seemed a bit large. It is odd that using "[ ] time" was slow and I had
to run it outside of that first to get the speedup though.

I wrote some of my thoughts/findings here:

<http://bluishcoder.co.nz/2014/12/22/self-benchmarking.html>

--
http://bluishcoder.co.nz