[self-interest] VNC client in Self

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Fri Apr 18 00:11:35 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,
That's a great idea. But I can imagine writing out each pixel one by one would slow even the fastest VM down!
I dont know of any primitives other than the ones exposed through canvas.
I suppose I could suggest various hacks (eg keep image as grid of 8x8 256 colour pixmaps and draw changed ones to canvas as images not pixels?) but you've probably already thought of those and dismissed them...
I don't suppose you feel like writing bindings to libSDL? Then we could abandon both Quartz and X.org :)
Russell