Fixing javaClient/javaServer for world sharing

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Mon Sep 16 11:40:27 UTC 2013

I've created a pull request that gets javaClient and javaServer working
for me:

<https://github.com/russellallen/self/pull/12>

It fixes minor bitrot. I've described how to get it working, with a
screencast, here:

<http://bluishcoder.co.nz/2013/09/16/multiple-users-in-a-self-world.html>

I'd really like to see an HTML/JavaScript version of the Java client to
move away from applets. It'd make a fun project and demo I think.

It would also help reduce the reliance on X11 for screen sharing so if a
move is made towards doing a non-X11 backend that functionality is still
possible.

With regards to a non-X11 backend I was wondering if SDL2 would be a
good option. It provides hardware acceleration cross platform and works
on Android as well as Windows.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz