[self-interest] Changing font on the Linux Version

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Sat Jan 26 05:18:06 UTC 2013

If you open a shell, type in 'verdana', highlight and choose "methods containing" from the right click menu, you will get many more.

However, there is a limit to getting better fonts on Linux which is that Self currently uses the original X11 font handling system, and most modern distros use the newer Fontconfig/Xft font subsystem.  The ugly font people see on Linux is the system failing to find something nice, and falling back on whatever Core font it can find.

This will probably need a VM fix at some stage.

Best, Russell